Yesterday Microsoft released a pretty big update to SkyDrive that gave all users Dropbox like functionality on Windows and Mac OS X. However for some magical reason, Microsoft decided to ship the OS X client with a very irritating icon in the Dock along with the title bar. Removing the dock icon is surprisingly easy. Keep these instructions close you can do this with all OS X Applications. Here’s what you need to do…
UPDATE: If your comfortable with using Terminal, you just need to run the following command… (thanks kÃ¸Ã¸dez)
defaults write /Applications/SkyDrive.app/Contents/Info.plist LSUIElement 1
Otherwise, you can manually make the required changes by doing the following…
- Right click the SkyDrive application and choose Show package contents:
- A new finder window will open. In the new window, navigate into the Contents folder.
- Right click the Info.plist and select “Open With” and select a text editor. If you don’t know what to choose, Click the “Other…” option and select TextEdit.
- In your text editor, you will see a line with “<key>LSUIElement</key>”. Change the value of the string in the next line from 0 (zero) to 1 (one) as shown in the screenshot below.
- Save the file and launch SkyDrive. It wont show in your dock now.