Developing for mobile devices can raise some interesting constraints around mobile devices being unable to access a debugging/test service for some reason. Some examples of what I am talking about would include:…
Having a mobile device access a guest virtual machine that is inaccessible since it is behind a NAT on its server.
Being able to access a ASP.NET application that is running in Visual Studio’s development server.
Fortunately there’s a very nice utility called rinetd that boutell created that you can use to get around these issues. You can get started with rinetd on OSX, Windows and Linux by visiting boutell’s page about rinetd or downloading the source from my mirror… Continue reading →
Recently while I was creating WordDice, I noticed something very interesting… Some of my own web browsers were taking much longer to ‘render’ the search results! Thinking that it would be useful to compare the time taken, I decided to create www.speedtest.trynull.com which helps compare web browser speed test results. Here is what it does: Continue reading →
It was only yesterday that I was rounding the corners and preparing the champagne for the re-release of the Word Dice. Well a few hours ago Version 2.0 of the Word Dice went live for you to use. Use the Scrabbinator wisely. Dicement day has arrived! Here’s whats new: Continue reading →
A few weeks ago, I released version 1 of my Scrabble Scrabbinator aka the WordDice. When I originally released it, I despised the how the content was laid out and how so much screen space was being wasted by content that is rarely used. My interest in HCI definitely fueled my guilt.
I recently decided to pull out one of my old university assignments and make it into a website so everyone can use it. A few days later… the Word Dice was born! The idea behind it is to search a very large scrabble dictionary for words that match a particular pattern. So, why not challenge a friend in Words with Friends while using Word Dice.
Currently I despise the layout of the website so i might be updating it something… more meaningful. For people that are interested in how the monkeys find the matching words, I’ll be releasing the server-side source code in a few days.